Friday 18 February 2011

Four leeks a leaping

Spent a happy day teaching at Bore Place yesterday - we made soup, spicy Mexican-Scottish fusion mince (delicious, I promise), focaccia, mayonnaise, cheese, and lemon polenta cake, with fifteen young people from a local secondary school, and then sat and ate lunch together. What a pleasure! After days at my desk it's a joy to get out and work with good colleagues doing something practical - and it's wonderful to see how excited young people can be about food and farming.

I'm shattered physically but mentally refreshed after a day on the farm, so for dinner I needed something quick - I pulled some leeks in the dark and cracked some of Blossom's eggs to make omelettes. Something made me look at the leeks' roots against the ceiling light - an explosion of leek delight!

www.commonwork.org

No comments:

Post a Comment