Tuesday 22 March 2011

Old smokey


Today's my first day back at my desk after what feels like weeks on the road - a slight exaggeration, if I'm honest, as I've been to-ing and fro-ing, and have been home quite a bit in between trips. But the thing is that for the past month I've had no more than a couple of consecutive days at home - quite a shock to the system for someone who gets excited at the thought of a trip into town for coffee. Anyway, today I'm home - I took this picture of my bag finally arriving back in my office to mark it. But just as I clicked the shutter my woodstove decided to pump out great gouts of smoke - no idea why, but I've had to open all the windows to clear the air, and have a rather more atmospheric shot than I meant.

I've no time to relax, of course - I've mountains of writing to do as a result of these trips. As soon as I've finished this post, and made a cup of coffee, I'll get to work before it all falls out of my head.

Better get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment