Sunday 3 April 2011

Cow manure, Schubert and Bob Marley

Other people's blogs seem somehow so focussed, whereas mine ... it's where I let my mind wander after a week of focussing. Since Monday I've focussed vigorously: I've written a ten-page feature about CHARGE syndrome for Sense, read 'The Bridge' by Iain Banks and talked about it with my friends in the pub, finished a short story and workshopped it, pitched to write a builder's brochure, and taught 26 five and six year olds to make bricks. Today, then I'm letting my mind wander on shuffle as I walk round the woods - the cow manure sign reminds me to ring and collect some for the vegetable garden, and then I'm in my head listening to the random selections my iPod comes up with - the presto from Schubert's Death and the Maiden (deceptively jolly start before he looses the demons) segues nicely into Bob Marley's Hallelujah Time, and then Bach's cello suite no 9, and Sound and Vision by Bowie, followed by Leonard Cohen's deranged disco revolutionary First We Take Manhattan ... Definitely no focussing going on in my head this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment