Sunday 16 October 2011

Cheese, skulls and wandering brides

It was a gorgeous day yesterday, and I'd nothing that I had to do, so I went for a walk. I picked the route from a book and it was a good one: nothing spectacular, apart from being able to see both the North and the South Downs at times, but there was a steady succession of small pleasures.

Here's where the walk began and ended, in West Holtye:











 It's right in the middle of the High Weald and well known round here for its tile-hung cottages, stone and shingle church, and ancient Priest's House.





It's all very lovely, but there are some odd people living in the country around it, judging by these sightings:


 
Luckily, no one spotted me (I think) and I made my way safely home, via the Plawhatch farm shop  near Sharpthorne, which I go to every so often just so that I can admire their cheese room.

I'm going to have some of their Dutch cheese with peppercorns right now ...




No comments:

Post a Comment